Citizens of Romania and Bulgaria no longer need a Temporary Resident Visa to enter Canada.

Travellers who arrive by air will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA), but Romanian and Bulgarian citizens who cross the border by car, foot or by train only need a passport. Students from Romania or Bulgaria who already have a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) may continue to use that to fly to Canada, without getting an Electronic Travel Authorization.

A Temporary Resident Visa, also known as a Visitor Visa, allows people from certain countries to enter Canada. It is a different than a Study Permit. The Temporary Resident Visa is attached to a passport page.

Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada has posted several explanations of the change on its website, including a post in Romanian, a video in Romanian, a post in Bulgarian and a video in Bulgarian.

Check here to review who needs a Temporary Resident Visa to enter Canada.

Tags: , , , , ,
Share This